Monday, July 1, 2013

Firsts

I've accomplished a lot of "firsts" lately. Here's a list of my "first times" in the last five-ish months.

Pineapple Ukulele
  • Made a batch of egg salad. Mmmm...tasty.
  • Kayaked! I went by myself (well, just me and the tour guide) while vacationing on Coronado Island and I loved it. The tour guide said I was a "natural"... I bet you say that to all the girls...
  • Bought a ukulele. No joke. Spent about $70 (so this isn't one you find in the toy aisle). My students, Audrey and Ana, were totally jazzed that I finally had one, so every Friday during AP we had a jam session. (Jam session = teach Ms. S how to play chords) Still reading Ukulele for Dummies. 
  • Dined at Postino's with good friends Emily and Erin. Oh. Yum.
  • Met new a new friend through a support group.
  • Rented a beach cruiser for two days while staying on Coronado Island. I loved riding my bike everywhere! Nicknamed the basket full of my beach goods "Toto".



Beach Cruisers
  • Drove a moped. My sister and brother both have one...and now I want one too!
  • Regularly go to the movies...by myself. This can be good, especially if you're feeling like you want to be around people, but you don't necessarily want to talk to them and, in fact, prefer an atmosphere where talking is frowned upon. It also sucks if you want to discuss the movie with someone, because strangers think you're weird if you try to have a 20-minute conversation with them trying to dissect the symbolism.
  • Buying flowers--for me! "So, you plant your own garden / and decorate your own soul, / Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." V A Shoffstall  
    Flowers for ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment