Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This Week (So Far) in Five

This has been a very emotional week so far, and it doesn't appear as if it'll let-up anytime soon. "My Day in Five" is supposed to be just a list of words or short phrases describing one's day, but more words are needed here. 

  1. My sister's boyfriend, Blake, is facing a significant challenge in his fight with cancer. He was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in January 2012 and has dealt with numerous surgeries, chemo, and radiation treatments. He frequently travels from Illinois to Houston, Texas, for his doctor appointments and treatments. His checkup in Houston on Monday did not give him the hopeful and positive news we all wanted to hear. Please say a prayer for him. Think positive thoughts. Share your good, healing energy. To support Blake's fight financially, you can purchase a survival strap or key fob online: Team Blake.
  2. Also learned on Monday that Allie, my childhood babysitter's husband, passed away. I've known him since I was a very little girl and he was like another grandpa to me. He and his wife, Stella, were a wonderful couple. I feel terrible that she has lost the love of her life.
  3. My brother, Dan, left today. It's quiet. And nothing seems funny anymore. I miss him...
  4. My sister, Sarah, left today. I worry about her. I admire her. I wish I could hug her...
  5. Grandpa's 90th birthday is today. Wish I could've seen him open his gifts (Cubs socks, T-shirt, and book, Calico Joe).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment