Monday, January 17, 2011

Things Beyond My Grasp of Understanding

I'm not a fan of this list topic what-so-ever. Probably because I have a hard time not being good great at anything I attempt to do or learn. This could account for why I quit cheerleading after my freshman year. (Or it was the anxiety... probably both.) So, making a list of things I can't understand sounded positively dreadful to me. I rebelled by listing only nine things, instead of the mandated ten. And you won't find any links in this post. (Like I'd want you to research the topic and actually know more about it than ME!)

  1. Geometry. O, how I loathe this subject. Thank God Mr. Teska passed me with a D for "determined", though he probably intended the D to stand for "dumb".
  2. Men & the Maid of Honor Curse. I took a dating-personality test once and it told me I'm the "Maid of Honor"--literally and figuratively. This is the woman men want to marry, for she is nearly perfect in every way (ala Mary Poppins), but she ends up being perpetually single (ala Mary Poppins). Oh my God...I just realized...I'm MARY FRICKIN' POPPINS!!!!
  3. Mental Illness. The cruelest joke nature ever played. Nearly impossible to "fix" and so incredibly misunderstood by so many.
  4. Mortgages, Investments, Loans, etc. How do people learn about this stuff? Do your parents sit you down and explain it? Did I miss this course in college? Totally clueless in Arizona.
  5. Philosophy. Is this a chair because it's a chair? or because I call it a chair? Who cares. It's a chair! By the time I unravel the written mess you've created, I've forgotten the question.
  6. Religion. I'm curious, shocked, and puzzled all at once.
  7. The Holocaust. As best as one can who hasn't experienced something first-hand: I know what happened; I know why it happened. I still can't understand how it happened.
  8. 'isms. Racism, sexism, homophobic-ism (okay, I made that last one up, but it needed to fit-in with the rest of the "isms"--pun intended.)
  9. Morning People. WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment